Lusaka, Zambia, Full Time
We’re experts in the field of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Our Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
He/She will be responsible for the maintenance and installation of electrical and mechanical equipment as required by the factory.
2.Conduct Plant Maintenance
5.Customer service & Training
6.Quality & SHE
• Ensure the update of job cards, outstanding job lists and monthly audits
• Ensure the completion of all outstanding work according to Work Plan.
• File relevant documentation
• Spares critical list and procurement of spares.
• Conduct gate keeping meetings
Conduct Plant Maintenance:
• Implement plant Planned maintenance programme and
• Identify corrective maintenance work to be done on plant items.
• Conduct the planned maintenance activities as planned
• Ensure approval is obtained before data capture of the job cards.
• Ensure that all Weighing instruments (scales, load cells and balances) are calibrated and serviced as per plan.
• Timeous response and work completed according to job card.
• Ensure relevant company policies, work procedures and standing instructions comply with set company policies.
• Report manage and control uncompleted breakdowns within set time.
• Ensure the documentation is complete on appropriate spares list.
• Ensure job cards raised for any faults not attended to.
• Ensure that job completed in set/planned time and to good engineering standards.
Time Management & Projects Management:
• Manage good time keeping and attendances of meetings.
• Control and report of non-attendances for duties.
• Evaluate possible cost saving and implementations of cost saving.
• Report on daily plan.
• Coordinate all general projects done on site and make sure they are done according to engineering and regulatory standards.
• Supervision and monitoring of all contractors while on site carrying out projects.
• Ensure that Permit to work procedure is followed on all work done on site by contractors and departments.
• Ensure high level of customer service in the engineering and production team.
• Attend to the Tinting machines countrywide
• Artisans are responsible for training of all Trainee Assistants.
Quality & SHE:
• Ensure that ISO 9001 systems and procedures are in place and effective.
• Implement a Process Safety Management system which will prepare the site to respond to unexpected release of chemical and energy from the processes in Dulux Botswana facility
• Ensure compliance to AkzoNobel HSE&S standards and procedures
• Attend monthly safety meetings and participate in safety audits.
Min: – National Craft Certificate with Trade Test
Ideal: Diploma with Trade Test
Min: __Installation & Electrician License
Ideal: _Master Electricial
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 4984
Ensure that you mention https://www.findjobszambia.com as the source of this job advert.Application email or URL: https://careers.akzonobel.com/job/Lusaka-Maintenance-Technician/622162101/?locale=en_US
Apply for this Job
To apply for this job please visit careers.akzonobel.com.