Consultancy Services – Soil Testing
Full Time Posted 14 mins ago Closes: July 26, 2021
Call for Consultancy Services – Soil Testing
About Rising Fountains Development Programme (RFDP)
Rising Fountains Development Program (RFDP) is a local non-governmental organization, established in the year 2000 and implementing projects in Eastern and North Western Provinces, Zambia. RFDP is registered under charity number ORS/102/15/258 and is also registered under the NGO act with the ministry of community Development and Social Services (MCDSS) with Reg No RNGO 101/0109/13
The vision of RFDP is Transformed and empowered people living healthy lives in Zambia. The mission statement of RFDP is to improve the livelihoods of women and children in rural Zambia through community mobilization, partnerships, capacity building and advocacy’
RFDP is working to Improve primary health care and contribute to the reduction of maternal and child mortality and also contribute to the reduction of both communicable and non-communicable diseases, improve access to basic education for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) through provision of school requisites, paying school fees and supporting community schools, promote Forests and environment management, Forests regeneration, protection, conservation and sustainable land management, empower women in rural communities by promoting Access to financial services through financial inclusion, increasing their household incomes through sustainable livelihoods, micro enterprise development and savings and credit groups and contribute to the promotion of gender equality, Access To Justice, Human Rights and women participation in governance and decision making at local level.
RFDP Zambia intends to engage a consultant to conduct a geotechnical investigation of the soils at Mwandakwisano Community School to provide important data necessary in the design of foundations of buildings in line with organizations’ policy to provide quality and safe infrastructure for the leaners and teachers at Mwandakwisano Community School.
To determine the soil texture capacity at the school and their Surrounding areas and the suitability of the soil for the construction of 1 x 2 classroom block and other structures in the future.
1. The consultant shall be responsible for carrying out the necessary subsurface Soil exploration works in respect to the areas stated.
2. The consultant shall be responsible for carrying out the necessary laboratory soil testing
3. After the receipt of notice to proceed, the consultant shall coordinate with the School Management and RFDP, particularly on the site of the mentioned areas.
4. Upon completion of the subsurface exploration work activities, the Consultant shall submit their final report containing recommendations to RFDP offices in Chipata.
5. The Consultant shall be responsible for the reliability of the report and recommendations presented.
Location of the School
The assignment will be implemented at Mwandakwisano Community School, located in Mambwe District of Eastern Province of Zambia.
KEY EXPERTS’ QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
The experts/professionals and their members shall be required to carry out the consultancy services for the project and should have appropriate educational degree, relevant training and adequate years of experience in conducting sub-surface soil exploration.
1. BS degree in Civil Engineering, MS degree or Doctoral degree is an added advantage:
2. Duly licensed/registered civil engineer:
3. At least 5-years’ experience on soil sub-surface and geotechnical survey and study of roads, bridges and related structures
How to apply
In responding to the call for proposals consultants should provide the following:
1. Submit a 2 page brief on the Consultant understands of the assignment and the approach to be used in undertaking the assignment;
2. Provide detailed CV; and
3. Request for an electronic copy of the detailed terms of reference for the assignment from the email addresses given below.
Only those whose technical proposals are selected will be invited to submit financial proposals.
The closing date for submission of proposals is 26th July 2021 at 17:00 hours.
Proposals should be delivered by mail or email to:
Rising Fountains Development Program (RFDP),
Umodzi Highway, NAPSA Building, Room G36
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For any clarifications, please contact RFDP Zambia on the email above or call 0977 219 239.