Monitoring, Evalution and Assistant Operations Officer
Full Time Salary: K220,000 gross per annum Closes: July 11, 2021
Job Description for Monitoring, Evaluation and Assistant Operations Officer
Project Luangwa Profile
Project Luangwa (PL) is a charitable NGO based in South Luangwa, Eastern Province Zambia. Our main priorities are supporting education and gender equality. We do this through sponsoring over 165 children through secondary and tertiary education, building infrastructure and classrooms for schools, running Gender Support Clubs and providing menstrual hygiene pads.
We have also recently started a new project involving constructing fuel-efficient stoves in local communities. These stoves help to promote greater health and well-being, as well as preventing deforestation, and protecting our environment.
The role of Monitoring, Evaluation and Assistant Operations (ME&Ops) Officer is a new role at Project Luangwa, designed to provide crucial Monitoring and Evaluations duties, as well as managing and overseeing the budgets and operational requirements of the Eco-Stove Team.
The ME&Ops Officer will form an integral part of the PL Management Team, supplementing the work carried out by the Sponsorship Manager, and being directly overseen by the Head of Gender Support and Operations.
ME&Ops Officer will be responsible for insuring that all projects are being properly monitored and evaluated, which will help to form strategy and policy decisions by the CEO and PL Board.
A. Monitoring and Evalutation
The ME&Ops Offier will:
1. Devise appropriate monitoring tools for their implementation by staff across all PL programmes
2. Monitor the Project Staff in their facilitation of the monitoring tools
3. Carry out analysis and evaluation of all the monitoring reports according to PL’s Monitoring and Evaluation Policy document
4. Work with CEO and rest of management team in achieving meaningful M&E results
5. Ensure relevant changes are implemented in the PL Strategic Policy as a result of the evaluation results
B. Supervision of Eco-Stove Team
The ME&Ops Offier will:
1. Be the line supervisor for the Eco-Stove Team
2. Liaise with management team over training needs and progress of the Eco-Stove Team, and report any issues or problems.
3. Train and build capacity in the Eco-Stove Team on an ongoing basis in facilitation of activities, report writing, monitoring and evaluation techniques and other skills appropriate to their roles
4. Assist the Eco-Stove Team in formulating and managing budget requirements
5. Ensure compliance with PL policies and job requirements, as well as conduct disciplinary action when necessary
C. General Administration and Other Duties
The ME&Ops Officer will:
1. Keep full and accurate accounts and records of all activities and financial transactions for the above programmes and activities
2. Assist the CEO in the regular updating of social media postings
3. Submit monthly reports (or at other times as directed) to the CEO/Head of Gender Support and Operations
4. Carry out any other administrative duties as requested by the CEO or Head of Gender Support and Operations that are within the scope of his/her ability
Tertiary qualifications relevant to management, monitoring and evaluation or relevant academia (must be evidenced in application)
Post graduate qualifications in relevant subjects are highly desirable
Previous experience in carrying out M&E projects would be distinctly advantageous
1. Essential Skills
Minimum B.Sc. or BA (Masters preferable) in an appropriate field. Other tertiary qualifications are acceptable (e.g. B.Ed.) if the candidate has relevant experience in and knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
Fluent English (oral and written) and fluent Nyanja
Strong communication skills, particularly report writing
Excellent administrative, organisational & financial management skills
Experience in Monitoring and Evaluating techniques (relevant qualifications are a distinct advantage)
Experience in project and staff management
Experience in financial record keeping
2. Other Skills/Experience/Aptitudes that are sought
Experience of working within rural Zambian communities, preferably for an NGO
Enjoyment of spending time in the bush or remote rural areas and camping experiences in general
Flexibility and willingness to work beyond office hours whenever necessary
Innovation and creativity to improve aspects of the programme
Excellent interpersonal skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Project Luangwa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability or age in its employment policies, operations and programmes. PL complies with all Zambian Employment and Equal Opportunity laws.